Easy Oven Seared CROWN PORK ROAST is a foolproof, simple recipe that creates a tender juicy and delicious dinner. Learn how with our step by step instructions and only five ingredients for this Bone-In Rack of Pork. By the way, I forgot to take a photo of the rack side of the pork before I put it in the oven. See the photo below as to what a rack of pork looks like.
Easy Oven Seared CROWN PORK ROAST
Take a look at all that GBD in the photo above. GBD is a culinary school and restaurant terms used when endearment is at hand for a piece of perfectly cooked protein. What do you mean by GBD? Golden Brown and Delicious! What more could you possibly want in a protein?
Prep for Oven Roasting
When I prep for oven roasting I like to remember clean-up and focus on work smart, not hard, thus the tin foil. As you can see, the entire pan is lined with foil including the handle covered top and bottom. Once the grate is placed back into the pan, spray it with a non-stick cooking spray. Prep is done and cleanup will be a breeze.
Ingredients for the best Standing Pork Rib Roast Ever
Nothing fancy here as this cut of protein stands alone. I used just enough seasoning so the pork itself will shine. This recipe only has 5 ingredients, not including the pork; olive oil, salt and pepper, fresh garlic, and a sprig of rosemary.
Prepare the Rack of Pork for the Oven
Preheat the oven is a must as well as bringing the roast to rest on the counter for an hour after removing it from the refrigerator to warm. Generously rub the pork roast with olive oil. Make sure to get the bottom, the sides, in between the bones, and the top. Salt and pepper every place the olive oil has been used. Lay the roast on the grate, bone side down, and rub the chopped garlic on the top and the sides. The final prep before the oven is to lay a long sprig or two of fresh rosemary in the center top of the roast.
Roasting the Bone-In Pork Rib Roast
To sear the meat and lock in juices, I used a high-heat roasting technique for fifteen minutes before lowing the oven temperature for the rest of the cooking time.
Use a Meat Thermometer
For the best-tasting no fail proteins, I always use a meat thermometer. You just can’t screw it up when you focus on the end result before you ever get started. I roasted my pork rib roast to 128 degrees F and then let it rest before slicing. Remember, the roast will continue to cook once removed from the oven. By the time I sliced the roast, the temperature had risen to 135.
Is that a beautiful Rib Roast or what? Wouldn’t this Rack of Pork be great served with perfectly creamy mashed potatoes?
Slice and serve the roast with or without the bone. Your choice!
PIN and FOLLOW
Easy Oven Seared CROWN PORK ROAST
Easy Oven Seared CROWN PORK ROAST is a foolproof simple recipe that creates a tender juicy and delicious dinner.
- 1 - 5 to 6 lbs. Rack of Pork
- 6 large cloves fresh garlic, medium chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or enough to rub down the entire roast
- 2 long sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, enough to seasoned the entire roast, top, bottom, and sides
- Remove the rack of pork from the refrigerator to set on the counter for 1 hour to warm.
- Remove the pork from the wrappings and blot dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare a shallow roasting pan which has a grate, by lining the bottom and the sides with foil. Lay the grate onto of the foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Generously rub the pork down with olive oil making sure the top and the bottom, plus the sides are coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper every place that has the oil.
- Place the rack of pork on the grate, bone side down.
- Rub the chopped garlic generously over the top and sides. Lay the sprigs of rosemary on the top of the meaty part of the roast.
- Place the roast in the oven at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes. Turn the oven down to 350 for 60 to 90 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 128. Remove the roast from the oven and place on to a wood cutting board, tent loosely with foil for 20 minutes. The meat will continue to cook while tented with the internal temperature reaching around 135. Discard the rosemary. Slice, serve and enjoy.
Rack of Pork is fabulous served with mashed potatoes and butter and a steamed vegetable on the side.